Are you scratching your head on what to say to get someone’s attention on Tinder? Perhaps you want to come off in a certain way: smart, corny, funny, charismatic, cool or sweet. Regardless of whether you’re trying to talk to a girl or a guy, Tinder pickup lines can be a great way to break the ice and get the conversation going. Regardless of your aim, you don’t want to come off in an offensive way. With the option to swipe left and never look back, you want to make sure you leave the right impression when you’re using funny Tinder pickup lines.
We went straight to the sources and asked several people for their best Tinder lines that work every time. There’s one for everyone to use in almost any situation and possibly find their next hookup or even their soulmate. So, grab a pen and paper (or your digital notepad) to jot down some of the best pickup lines for Tinder. Save them to use for your next match.
Whitty Pickup Lines for Tinder
Your potential connection might want someone who thinks on their feet. A lot of people value having a relationship with someone they can have a conversation with about relatable topics in addition to the physical stuff. Sometimes asking a question to get your interest thinking can be a great way to show off your mindpower. You can portray big brains through a smart one-liner like these Tinder opening lines that are sure to show you off as a Brainiac.
- I’m a firm believer that you get what you give, so here’s my number.
- Know what’s on the menu? Me’n’U.
- Send me your favorite GIF, so I can get to know you better.
- Let’s flip a coin. Head’s you’re mine, tails I’m yours.
- When our friends ask us how we met, what are we going to tell them?
- I forgot the password to my account, and when I ask for a hint it tells me “(insert name)’s” phone number.
Pickup Lines for Tinder to Get Straight to Getting it On
If you want to make it obvious that you’re looking for a one-night stand or a casual hookup, you could go for a tinder opening line that implies sex directly or indirectly. Some people are only on Tinder to fulfill their sexual needs, but it might not be the best strategy to assume who these people are. If something in their profile notates the need to keep things casual, you could try one of the following Tinder opening lines.
- Sorry it took me so long to message you, I was at Whole Foods trying to figure out what you like for breakfast.
- I’m new in town. Could you give me directions to your apartment?
- Are your allergies acting up? Do you need some vitamin me/D?
- Roses are red, Lots of people live in cities, Don’t be stingy, And show me dem titties
- Does this mean I won’t be a virgin by the end of the week?
- Are you coming over to my place tonight, or should we meet to establish we aren’t serial killers or living with our parents first?
- Dinner first, or can we go straight for dessert?
Corny Tinder Pickup Lines
Maybe being corny is more your style. Everyone loves a good joke that is meant to make people laugh. If someone is having a bad day, giving them a good laugh could bring them some joy that hooks them right from the start. While we suggest staying away from more of the old-fashioned cliché one-liners, some of these great Tinder pickup lines are great to ease the tension.
- Excuse me, do you have a band-aid? Because I scraped my knee falling for you.
- Titanic. That’s my icebreaker. How are you?
- Life without you would be like a broken pencil: pointless.
- They say Tinder is a number game, so can I get yours?
- Are you a bank loan because you have my interest?
- Can I have your picture, so I can show Santa Clause what I want for Christmas this year?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re a 9 and I’m the 1 you need.
- If I could rearrange the alphabet, I’d put U and I together.
- Are you my appendix? This feeling in my stomach makes me want to take you out.
- You’re so gorgeous that you made me forget my good pickup line.
- This is my opening line: _______________
Alternatives to Tinder Pickup Lines
It’s possible that a cheesy Tinder pickup lines aren’t your style. That’s okay. There are still ways to get a person’s attention with an easy icebreaker. Ask a question that creates an instant conversation where you can discover what makes you both different from one and another and explore each other’s worldviews. This is a great way to let a person know that you’re unique.
- If you were a dessert, what would you be?
- Truth or dare?
- If you could be anywhere in the world, doing anything you like right now, where would you be and what would you do?
- What are you doing for the weekend?
- What’s one thing you can’t live without?
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could be any comic book character, who would you be?
- If you could have any famous artist paint your portrait, who would it be?
- Describe yourself in three emojis.
Tinder Pickup Lines to Set the Cool Vibes
Nothing screams confidence like a smooth one-liner. Some of these can border on corny, but when they’re taken the right way you can fancy yourself as an Arthur Fonzarelli type. If you want to give off the cool vibes, you could try one of the following Tinder pickup lines.
- I’ve had a crush on you for two hours.
- On a lazy Sunday – Netflix binger, get lost in a museum, or cuddle with me?
- What’s a smart, attractive, young person like myself doing without your number?
- We’re a match! The next step is to pick a wedding date, right?
- Sorry, the position for Spanish teacher has been filled. What I’m looking for now is a bedroom acrobatic teacher.
- Do you believe in love at first sight, or should we match again?
- If beauty were time, you’d be eternity.
- Do you mind if I walk you home? My mom always tells me to follow my dreams.
- Hi, I’m writing an article on the finer things in life, and I was wondering if I could interview you.
If you’re still having trouble figuring out what to say, it’s okay. You’re not alone. Talking to someone you’d consider getting intimate with or having a relationship with can be intimidating. You’ll never know how they’ll react until you go through with it. Just take a deep breath, and start typing. Read what you wrote back to yourself before you hit send. If you don’t think it’s good enough, you can always use one of the Tinder pickup lines we suggested above. If you don’t get the reaction you expected, remember to be respectful. You should do this even if the other person is being rude because it shows character. So, get out there and start swiping, and don’t forget to drop a Tinder pickup line here and there.